Welcome back! I hope you had a lovely Christmas break, and are excited to be back at school. We welcome Mel and Miss Sonntag back as our teachers, Anne in the office, Nancy in the library, Sandra in occasional care and Max as our groundsman. We also welcome Lincoln and Malakye as our Preschoolers, Shayne and Cristofer as Reception students, and our new school member Jasper in year 1. Mel and Miss Sonntag are supporting the students to settle into the school routines, testing the students for baseline literacy and numeracy for the year, and busily planning for an exciting year of learning. As you may be aware, the students are separated into groups for English and Maths according to their point of need, and will be working all together in the other subject areas. In this way, we can maximise student progress in the key areas of reading, writing and number, while providing scaffolded, yet challenging learning opportunities across the curriculum. We look forward to sharing this journey with you.
I take this opportunity to remind you of a few key pieces of information, to set up for a successful year of learning ahead:
- We welcome parents into our school yard, being mindful of social distancing.
- If you need to enter the classrooms, please keep visits to before and after school to minimise distraction to learning.
- Please ensure your child has a hat every day.
- Please make sure all items your child brings to school, including hats and drink bottles, are named.
- Students will visit the library once per week with their class: in this time, children will be encouraged by their teacher to borrow books at their reading level. At all other times, including lunch time and after school, students can borrow any appropriate book of their choosing.
- Lunch orders will take place on Wednesdays again this year, starting this week. Keep an eye out for the weekly menu choices and prices.
- Communication this year will be primarily Schoolzine and Seesaw. Please make sure you have signed up to both. If you need help, please come in and we will happily help you set it up. You will also find out more about it at Aquaintance Afternoon on Thursday this week, 3-3:30pm.
I look forward to seeing you at Acquaintance Afternoon!
Thursday 4th February, 3:30pm.
Pupil Free Day
Friday 12th February.
Tuesday 16th February, 8:15am in the School Kitchen. Families welcome.
Wednesday 17th February and Wednesday 31st March, 8:40am in Room 4.
External School Review
Tuesday 22nd February. Parents are invited to have a conversation with the Review Officer at 12:20pm, to express your opinions of the school. I warmly invite you to come and have your say.
Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
Monday 8th March.
Good Friday and Easter Monday Public Holidays
Friday 2nd April and Monday 5th April.
Governing Council AGM
Tuesday 6th April, 4pm in Room 4.
Last Day of Term 1
Friday 9th April, 2pm dismissal